What are your New Year’s resolutions this year? Do you make resolutions only to not keep them within a day or two of making them? I would encourage you to make attainable goals and start small. Sometimes I think we start way too big and get discouraged when we fail and if we start small and hit the small goals then continue with bigger goals we would succeed. Just my humble opinion.
My goals this year
- Try to blog more than once in a week
- Complete compel lists
- Getting more healthy
What are your goals this year? Are they the same as last year or different? This year we (my husband and I) did our first 24 day challenge through advocare and really liked it. We had already been using spark for a year but had not fully committed. This year as a part of getting healthy I would like to get be more committed to the meal prep, which can be hard. That is where we lack control.
1 Thessalonians 5:12-18 Paul gives great advise that I think we could use year after year to live effectively as christians.
- “Honor those who are your leaders in the Lord’s work”
- “Live peacefully with each other”
- “Warn those who are lazy, encourage those who are timid”
- “Be patient with everyone”
- “No one pays back evil for evil, but always try to do good to other and to all people”
- “Always be joyful”
- “Never stop praying”
- “Be thankful in all circumstances”
Can you imagine how much easier our lives would be if we followed this advice from Paul? We would find ourselves happier and more content with what we have.