I remember playing games as a kid in gym or on the playground and wishing they would call my name. Please let them say my name… don’t let me be last, I don’t want to be on THAT team! We all had those moments and they were awful. We don’t want to last, we want to be the first ones called, the cool kid, the most popular, the best on the team right?
We still act this way as adults when the time comes to be put into groups for work, church (gasp) or any other function we are attending. There is still a need to be wanted and to fit in. Do you know that our names have already been called? We have been chosen and called! We already have all the approval we need if we only will look at the one who created us!
There are many examples in God’s word that show we had already been chosen long before we were created. God thought about us and chose us! Can you imagine how much he loves us to think that far ahead to already know about each of us on the earth at this time, this very moment!
- Ephesians 1:4-5 says “just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love He predestined is to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the intention of His will.” Paul says that our salvation is apart of God’s plan and it is freely given out of love for us.
- Ephesians 1:11 “also we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to His purpose who works all things after the counsel of His will.” This will reference Romans 8:28 as they go hand in hand. God’s purpose to save you cannot be changed not matter what Satan does in this world to try and stop this. God is sovereign and He is in charge!
- Romans 8:28-30 “And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren; and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified.” http://bible.com/100/rom.8.28-30.nasb. This passages always gives hope that God will work ALL things for our good. It may not be what we want when we want but it will be to fulfill His purpose.
- John 10:3-4 “To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice, and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he puts forth all his own, he goes ahead of them, and the sheep follow him because they know his voice.” http://bible.com/100/jhn.10.3-4.nasb
- Acts 15:17 “SO THAT THE REST OF MANKIND MAY SEEK THE LORD, AND ALL THE GENTILES WHO ARE CALLED BY MY NAME,’” http://bible.com/100/act.15.17.nasb
- Isaiah 43:1 “But now, thus says the LORD, your Creator, O Jacob, And He who formed you, O Israel, “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine! http://bible.com/100/isa.43.1.nasb
- Isaiah 45:4 “”For the sake of Jacob My servant, And Israel My chosen one, I have also called you by your name; I have given you a title of honor Though you have not known Me.” http://bible.com/100/isa.45.4.nasb
Do you feel loved yet? I feel so loved that God would call me by name and choose me. I have days that I don’t feel loved or chosen but on those days look at these verses and remember we are children of the Most High God! We Are worthy of His love. We are not an afterthought to Him. I hope you feel inspired to tell others about the God who loves, forgives, and who chose you!